Powered by Blogger.

July Favourites


I always try to make a note throughout the month of what to included in the favourites post otherwise I'll just forget. Take this month, I'm pretty sure there was something I wanted to include but I don't know what it is. It's going to bug me until it suddenly pops back into my head.

Sims 2
So when my last laptop just gave up on life and I got my new one I of course had to install my favourite computer game. My dreams were crushed as the game just wouldn't work, it was a dark time in my life. I got Sims 3, except that Sims 3 is absolute crap and it just wasn't the same as my beloved Sims 2. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I randomly thought to try it again and it worked! It was possibly the happiest moment of my life.

Six Tudor Queens: Katherine of Aragon - Alison Weir*
I'm a history nerd - art history/ancient history, just all of it. One of my interests is the British Monarchy, mostly the Tudors and the Stuarts. This book is kind of like historical fiction. It's the historical timeline of Katherine of Aragon's life but told in a narrative style. Obviously some of it is fiction as the Queen's thoughts and feelings weren't recorded but it's really interesting having history told from her point of view.  I'm assuming there will be a book for each wife so I'm excited for the rest of them.

New blog logo
This is my first time really announcing it, I'm in the process of planning a major overhaul of the blog. A new name, layout, logo, everything. Once I decided on a new name I went through the process of trying to design a logo. I barely passed level 2 design and failed level 3 + the fact I barely remember anything/blocked out those years so I didn't know what to do. I had some ideas of what I wanted, came up with a few concepts and did something that I actually really like. I am both surprised and happy.

Messenger/snapchat/social media
One of my friends is currently on an amazing trip through Europe so it's been amazing seeing photos. While in Florence she visited a museum and sent me pictures asking me if she saw something important. I deduced that she visited the Palazzo Vecchio and a proceeded to ask if she saw works such as the copy of the David statue by Michelangelo as well as the bronze sculpture of Judith Beheading Holofernes by Donatello. Needless to say I was excited by the prospect of seeing these works in the flesh. Last I heard she was in Venice, which is the home of Titian aka the artist I wrote by dissertation on. It's times like these I miss uni, learning and talking about art.

What have been your favourites in July?

Ashley xx

*Review copy sent from Hachette NZ

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.