Powered by Blogger.

May Favourites


I can't believe that it's the middle of 2016, the months seem to blur past. Winter has also started to set in which I am not happy about. I hate the cold but I love coats and layering, I can't win. Once again my favourites are a mix of things, I need to get into the habit of noting things I like down during the month. Saves me from doing the last minute rush, as always.

Starting with what is in the picture is the book The Reaction* by Helena Coggan. I read this in 10 days which shocked me, it felt longer than that. It's the second book in the series, I haven't yet read The Catalyst. Because of that I was a bit lost and didn't engage as much at the start but I got more details as I read on and really got into it.

I have a number of perfumes to choose from but the one I've been reaching for most often is Viva la Juicy, Juicy Couture. I bought it at the big Beauty Sale last year and the year before that. I just love this perfume. I'm not going to even bother and try to describe the scent, it's sweet but not sickly sweet. That's about it.

This next one isn't a physical object more a state of mind/objective. One of the big stresses of life for me and anyone else is trying to figure out what you want to do with you life. Throughout my 23 yrs the thought of what I wanted to changed multiple times. In primary school I somehow got it into my head that I would want to be a dentist, then it was a designer in high school which ended there. When I went on a tour of the Auckland Museum archives it excited me and I found it fascinating as was my placement last year.  It's great figuring out what you want to do, now I just have to figure out how to get there.

I've already mentioned this before but I have recently starting making videos for my YouTube Channel and it is something I'm really excited about. I love being able to do more creative stuff as well as learning how to edit videos. I use Windows Movie Maker, it's not flash but it gets the job done.

What have you been loving this May?

Ashley xx
*Review copy sent from Hachette NZ

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.