Powered by Blogger.

Books to Read in April

A better title for this post would be books I will attempt to read in April because let's face it I'm becoming a terrible reader. There were times where I was compelled to read and spend hours just me and a book. I'm determined to get back to that, I'm trying guys. These are the books I will hopefully get through this month.

Who's Afraid? - Maria Lewis*
This is the next book I'll start once I've finished the one I'm currently on, I've got like 10 or so pages left so I'll hopefully start it today. The story follows Tommi Grayson who leaves Scotland for New Zealand to find her estranged father and discovers her heritage. The story looks to have a fantasy element which I'm excited about since they're my favourite kind.
 
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris - Jenny Colgan*
Other than fantasy stories I love when a book is set in one of my favourite places such as Paris. The fact that there's also a chocolate shop really seals the deal for me. The character of Anna Trent is really living one of my dreams, living in Paris and working at a Chocolate shop. The story looks as though it shows Anna's journey, moving from England and discovering herself.
 
Flawed - Cecelia Ahern*
I just started reading this one and I think I'm just getting to the part where the plot gets interesting. The story is set in a kind of dystopian society where people are branded and seen as 'flawed' if they do something dishonest. The story follows Celestine and we see the repercussions of her decision as a result of a situation.
 
The Passion of Dolssa - Julie Berry*
Another type of story I like is period pieces. I've always been fascinated with history, particularly art hence why I have two degrees in it. This book is set in 1241 in Provensa/Provence a place still recovering from the bloody crusades. The story follows Dolssa, who is on the run, and Botille who takes her in.
 
Demon Road & Desolation - Derek Landy*
Desolation is the newest book to be released with Demon Road being the prequel. The books follow Amber Lamont who is forced on the run after discovering a family secret. This is another fantasy story with vampires and demons being mentioned in the blurb on the back. This excites me.
 
Hope you all enjoyed this post! I'd love to know what's on your reading list for April.
 
*Review Copies sent from Hachette NZ & HarperCollins NZ
Ashley xx

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.