Powered by Blogger.

Devoted in Death - J.D. Robb


Devoted in Death* is the 41st book in the 'In Death' series which is amazing, it's the longest series I've ever heard of. J.D. Robb is the pseudonym name which Nora Roberts writes under. It turns out I have two other books by her in my pile to read which I'm looking forward to.

Summary
The series follows Lieutenant Eve Dallas, a New York cop who has witnessed some grisly crimes in her career. In this instalment she tries to track down a pair of killers who have left a trail of victims on their way to New York.
 
Review
As it's the 41st book the characters are already well established and I kind of had to do a bit of research so I didn't feel out of the loop. At first I was a bit confused with some of the references such as a 'link' and 'AutoChef', but I then realised that it's set in the future it kinda makes more sense and easier to read.
 
The story is just the same as any other crime story. There's been a murder and the main character has to solve it.  This book is different in that we are introduced to the murders from the very start, we know who they are. It's up to Lieutenant Dallas and her team to figure it out and the reader sees their process in catching the killers. As well as that it is Eve's story so we see into her private life with her husband and cat.
 
It took me a long time to read this, it wasn't a book I found myself wanting to read. I did enjoy the story, I love the character of Lieutneant Dallas. She's flawed, she has many sides: tough Lieutenant, loving wife and a women with a traumatic past. It's her story with violent crimes seemingly apart of it.
 
*This book was sent to me by Hachette NZ, the review is all my own opinion
 
Ashley xx

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.