Powered by Blogger.

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning - Chris Colfer

Hello hello how's it going. I am now on mid semester break which is great as I don't have to get up at 6:20 every morning but I still have a lot of work to do. It's terrifying to think that the uni year finishes next month.

Anyway today's post is another little book review; The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning* from Hachette NZ.


Book Summary
A Grimm Warning is the third book in The Land of Stories series.  The book follows twins Connor and Alex Bailey, Connor lives in our world while Alex lives in the Land of Stories training to become the next Fairy Godmother. 
 
While on a school trip to Germany Connor hears a 200 year old warning and along with Alex has to fight and protect the Land of Stories.
 
Review
This book may possibly be more for kids but I enjoyed it, my love for fairy tales didn't diminished once I grew up.  The book is part of a series and there were instances where they referenced events in the previous books but you can still follow the story without having read them.  The book mixes history and fiction which is something I enjoyed with the Grimm Brothers getting their stories from fairies.  The villains' are Napoleon's soldiers intent on conquering The Land of Stories.
 
I just love fairy tales so there was a very high chance of me enjoying this post. I also loved when Connor was travelling around Europe which is something I really want to do.  The book can get very 'fairy tale' such as in a chapter Sleeping Beauty mentions that she can't have children and a few sentences later discovers an orphan child and adopts it.  A part from that bit which felt forced the rest of the story flowed nicely. 
 
*This book was sent to me but the review was all my own opinions
 
Hope you all enjoyed this post xx

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.