Powered by Blogger.

Favourite Films #BlogGreatness

#BlogGreatness are weekly prompts/suggestions for posts.  They were created by the awesome #NZBloggers and #brunchclub and the theme for this week is Film.


This is the first time I've done one of these prompts, I've always wanted to participate and when I saw the theme for this week I had to do a post.

These films are ones that I really loved when I was younger and still love today.  Most of them are quite old, some more than others so they're basically classics.

The Princess Bride (1987)
I think I first saw this back in primary school. Anyway I loved it and is a film I've watch a number of times again.  It's a mix of genres; romance, action, fantasy and comedy that just makes you enthralled with the story and want to come back to.  You know how you have those films you loved as a kid and when you watch them again you realise how average they are, this is not one of those films. 
 
The Princess Diaries (2001)
Do you sense a theme? I was OBSESSED with this film as a kid. Every time we went to the video store (remember those) I always wanted this movie.  I just loved the idea of one day finding out you're a princess of a far away unknown European country.  Mia was the coolest girl ever and the fact that her grandmother was Mary Poppins just added to my love for this film.
 
Mary Poppins (1964)
Speaking of which this just had to be on my list.  When I was younger I use to get out an umbrella and jump off a step and pretend to fly like Mary. I think I also use to jump on chalk drawings on the ground as well.. like I said I love this movie.  I love the songs, when I watch it again I might know most of the words. This movie is a classic and made my childhood imagination go wild.
 
The Secret Garden (1993)
I mentioned how the Secret Garden colouring book reminded me of the film and how much I loved it.  The film was based on the book of the same name.  The movie starts off kinda sad but I assure you has a happy ending.  Mary is the main character, she's orphaned and goes to live with her uncle in England. While there she discovers her late aunts secret garden and brings it back to life while also building and mending relationships in her family. 
 
Pollyanna (1960)
This film was also based on a book and the main child actress won an Oscar for this. It's also a Disney film so you know it's going to be good.  This was one of the films my grandparents had on video and every time I visited them I would watch it.  Pollyanna is another orphan and is sent to live with her aunt who is quite wealthy. She is very positive, she sees the goodness in people and wants to help everyone.  The movie is generally upbeat, there is a sad moment at the end but don't worry there's a happy ending... somewhat.
 
Hope you all enjoyed this post! I would love to hear what your favourite films are  
                                                                                                                       xxx

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.