Powered by Blogger.

Class Trip Billy Apple

I'm doing Honours in Art History at university and one of the papers I'm taking is about curating; the history of the role, what it means today. Basically what the job is.  A couple of weeks ago we went on a little class trip to the Auckland Art Gallery and went through the Billy Apple retrospective with the coordinating curator Stephen Cleland.  He talked about the art that was there, the logistical problems of getting the art and putting it in such as the motorbikes and just talked about his role as a curator.
 
It was a good thing I listened as we had to role play a curator in class and my partner and I got him.
 
These pictures are from when I went in on Wednesday, it's a great exhibition and it's free so you have no excuse not to go.
 


 



 
I also wandered around the rest of the gallery and found this really cool.
 
Hope you all enjoyed this post! xxx

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.